Sunday, December 26, 2010

We Have Each Other, We Have No One


We Have Each Other, We Have No One

"Darkness falls, away with the sun
We have each other, we have no one.

Hate and greed and lust and sin
A lifetime spent wanting to win.
You don't get me, I don't get you
You hate me, I don't want you.
Highs and lows and peaks and falls
Tired of running into cold, hard walls.

Still I don't stop, continue to run
We have each other, we have no one.

I need you with me all the time
Tell me please, is that a crime?
A hug, a kiss, a friendly smile
But all I get are lemons and lime.
Why do we fight, why do we shout?
Humanity is dying, never-ending drought.

Love and care, a little concern
We have each other, we have no one.

Complain and crib, all the time
Stay shut for a minute, be a mime.
Questions and problems, doubts and queries
Swiftly and silently, time flies.
Think, consider, be the answer
Live strong, kill the cancer.

What's happened has happened, what's done is done
We have each other we have no one."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wish more people thought the way you do.