Thursday, September 29, 2011

I Am An Astronaut

Try looking down.
____________________________________________________________________________

I am an astronaut 
I'm in my space shuttle, my very own little satellite... orbiting the world.
No one looks at me, I see everyone.
This little space shuttle is my planet, my world
My space suit is my armor, my shield against the crass noise that everything is.
Everyone, everywhere gives way to a plague of irritation
Words, actions, feelings, emotions... unnecessary.
Hug myself tight, become a ball... get lost in this fish bowl of lost souls. 
I want to hibernate and never wake up, never exit my peaceful slumber.
I like being alone, no one to trouble you
But alas, I want to be troubled at times... no one seems to care then.
Can't blame them, after all... I'm an astronaut.
Wearing a shiny space suit, living in a little space shuttle.
Hey, my space suit is shiny for a reason
Notice me, I'm shining.
____________________________________________________________________________

Lullaby:

I am an astronaut - Snow Patrol

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

14 comments:

CookieCrumbsInc. said...

Lonely sounding astronaut-_-

Love the pictures though:)

R. said...

@PeeVee - The pictures were just an addition. -__-

Anonymous said...

When I was a kid, I wanted to be an astronaut but then I grew up and figured that I gotta study a lot of shit for that. So I chucked the idea.
Nice post :)

R. said...

@V - Likewise.
Apparently law requires a lot of studies as well.
Bah.

Thanks Madame.

Soumya said...

Love the pictures :)

R. said...

@Soumya - I'll relay your message to the photographer.

Ka-Blamo! :D said...

Ooh, I love that song.
But Rocket Man by Elton John's better.

R. said...

@Ka-Blamo! :D - I'm sorry but Elton John has never appealed to me. Don't know what the fuss about him is all about.

Ateendra said...

Reminded me of Alligator Sky - Owl City, the one with the rapper version. Nice post.

R. said...

@Ateendra - Thank-you Madame.

Ateendra said...

Its Monsieur. :|

R. said...

@Ateendra - Apologies.

Anonymous said...

dude you are phunny :D

R. said...

@piink delight - Am I now? I was aiming at tragic.

Aah. This is my life. Misunderstood emotions.